Zirconium Carbide Powder is insoluble in HCl but soluble in H2SO4. readily oxidized in air at elevated temperatures. Zirconium carbide (ZrC) is an extremely hard refractory ceramic material, commercially used in tool bits for cutting tools. It is usually processed by sintering. It has the appearance of a gray metallic powder with the cubic crystal structure. It is highly corrosion resistant.
Like most carbides of refractory metals, zirconium carbide is sub-stoichiometric, i.e., it contains carbon vacancies. At carbon contents higher than approximately ZrC0.98 the material contains free carbon.
ZrC reacts with water and acids and is pyrophoric.
Chemical Name: Zirconium carbide
Chemical Formula: ZrC
Zirconium carbide (ZrC), ZrC A, ZrC AX, ZrC B, Zirconium carbide micron black powder, Zirconium carbide powder, <5 Micron, 99 %, Zirconium carbide, 99.5% (metals basis excluding Hf), Hf <200ppm, Zirconium carbide (99+%-Zr), Zirconium (IV) carbide, ZrC A Zirconium carbide Grade A, ZrC B Zirconium carbide Grade B,
99.0% & 99.5%
Various standard granulations are available below 106 microns
- It is used as an abrasive, in metal cladding, in cermets, incandescent filaments and cutting tools.
- The mixture of zirconium carbide and tantalum carbide is an important cermet material.
- Hafnium-free zirconium carbide and niobium carbide can be used as refractory coatings in nuclear reactors. Zirconium carbide is used extensively as coating of uranium dioxide and thorium dioxide particles of nuclear fuel. The coating is usually deposited by thermal chemical vapor deposition in a fluidized bed reactor.
Molecular Weight (g/mol.): 103.22
Melting Point (°C): ~3035-3570
Mohs Hardness @20°C: 8-9
Color: grey metallic
PreRish Tri Exim Pvt. Limited (PEPL) offers a highly versatile range of Zirconium (Zr) powder in accordance with any requirement of our buyers. We use the best quality machines to ensure the quality and complete satisfaction of our buyers as well. PEPL have carved a niche as one of the leading Talc Producers in India.
Varieties of Zirconium Powder are mentioned below:
- Zirconium DiBoride / Zirconium Boride Powder (ZrB2)
2. Zirconium Nitride (ZrN) Powder
3. Zirconium Oxide (Zirconia) (ZrO2) Powder
4. Zirconium Oxide, Calcia Stabilized (ZrO2 + Ca0) Powder