Dolomite is one of our major sources for the concrete so essential to modern society’s road and building infrastructure. Crystals of dolomite are common in hydrothermal vein deposits and in sedimentary rocks, where they fill pores in their host rock. By volume, however, most dolomite occurs in its massive form as dolostone or mixed dolostone/limestone sedimentary rocks. These dolostone rocks originally formed as limestone.
Dolomite is one of the three most abundant carbonate minerals, calcite, and aragonite being the other two. Dolomite differs from calcite and aragonite in its crystal structure. In dolomite crystals, layers of carbonate ions alternate with layers of magnesium and calcium ions, rather than only having layers of calcium ions alternate with carbonate ions as in calcite and aragonite. Dolomite crystals usually from transparent to translucent rhombs that are colorless to light-colored, although crystals may be red to brown if iron impurities are present. Some dolomite crystals also exhibit crystal faces that form slightly curved surfaces, rather than flat planes.
|Chemical Names:||DOLOMITE; Calcium magnesium dicarbonate|
|Molecular Weight:||184.399 g/mol|
Dolomite Is Used:
- As refractory, ramming, and fettling material in steel Industries.
- As fluxing material in blast furnace operation in secondary steel and ferromanganese manufacture.
- As a lesser extent, it is used in the glass industry especially in sheet-glass manufacturing. It also finds use
- As in the manufacture of mineral wool.
- Dolomite is also a good source of magnesium metal. The magnesium metal is extracted from dolomite by the well-known ferro-silicon process.
- Dolomite powder is used both in raw and calcined form as a refractory material for health maintenance and for banking door in open hearth furnaces.
- It is also in road ballasts, building stones, flooring chips etc.
- Dolomite is also being used as Fillers by detergents, steel, paints, and ceramics.
- Dolomite is used to make magnesia, which has important medicinal applications.
- It is important in the chemical industry for the preparation of magnesium salts.
- It is also used in soil mixtures to lower the acid levels of the soil.
- Dolomite mineral is a double carbonate of calcium and magnesium and it exhibits a granular structure. It has high natural whiteness and its noted for their ease of dispersion. Its use improves properties such as whether ability, reduces shrinkage, fissure development, and water absorption.
PreRish Tri Exim Pvt. Limited (PEPL) offers a highly versatile range of Dolomite mineral powder which is used in various industries. We use the best quality machines to ensure quality. PEPL have carved a niche as one of the leading Dolomite Ore Manufacturers in India.
Color: Colorless, white, pinkish, or light tints darker colors even black when the iron is present.
Luster: Glassy to Pearly
Transparency: Crystals Transparent to Translucent
Crystal System: Trigonal
Crystal Habits: Rhombohedral
Cleavage: Perfect in 3 directions
Hardness: 3.5 – 4
Specific Gravity: 2.8
Associated Minerals: Barite, Calcite, Fluorite, Sulfide ore, Quartz and Gold.
|Elements||Content 1||Content 2|
|Mesh: 200 to 1250|
|Particle Size: 150 to 3 Microns|
|Brightness: 90 TO 98%|
|Whiteness: Up to 98%|
|Specific Gravity: 2.85|
|Oil Absorption: 20|
|Colour: Super Snow White|