Boron oxide is one of the oxides of boron. It is white, glassy, and solid, also known as diboron trioxide, formula B2O3. It is almost always found as the vitreous (amorphic) form; however, it can be crystallized after extensive annealing. It is one of the most difficult compounds known to crystallize.
PreRish Tri is producing fine industrial/foundry grade Boric Acid Powder under quality supervision according the required specification.
Purities available from 98% (industrial grade) to 99.9995% (high purity grade)
Pieces, granules, and powder
- Fluxing agent for glass and enamels
- Starting material for synthesizing other boron compounds such as boron carbide
- An additive used in glass fibres (optical fibres)
- It is used in the production of borosilicate glass
- Boric acid will be mixed with salt water to absorb neutrons in the damaged Japanese nuclear reactors
|Molecular Weight (g/mol.)||69.6182|
|Density (g/cm3) as a liquid||2.46|
|Solubility In Water||Moderate|
|Boiling Point (°C)||1860|
|Melting Point (°C)||450|
|Appearance||white glassy solid|